The diet that is based on daily 1200 calories intake is actually the recommended minimum for a certain and healthy weight loss. It is considered that for most people, 1200 calories daily represent the allowed reduction of calorie intake, which in the same time – by combining the ingredients wisely – contributes for necessary nutrients to be imported. This is why it is not so strange that many diet plans that are developed by nutritionists are based on daily 1200 calories intake.
The diet’s plan is focused on the concept of counting calories. Or in other words, if you take less calories than you need – you lose weight. To those who are on a diet, it is recommended to consume maximum 1200 calories daily, which requires more attention and knowledge about the food’s calories amount, thus easing the counting part.
There isn’t a specific group of foods that is recommended, but you will have a greater benefit if you consume fresh and unprocessed foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, fish, and meat with low fat levels.
– 1 cup cooked whole grains
– 1 cup of skimmed milk
– 1 banana
– Tuna sandwich with whole grain bread
– 2 cups fresh mixed vegetables (eg. carrots, red pepper, celery)
– 1 small apple
– 100g grilled chicken breasts
– 1 cup steamed peas
– lettuce salad, 1/2 cup tomatoes, 1/2 cup grated carrot, 2 teaspoons olive oil and natural apple cider vinegar (to taste)
– 1 apple
– 1 small pear
There aren’t any specific exercises with this diet, but know that an everyday planned activity with a medium intensity (a quick walk, riding a bike, light running, etc.) contributes to weight loss and health improvement. Make sure that your physical activity isn’t too much for you, because the calorie intake is low, which will make you feel fatigued. That’s why moderation is the key.
• If you choose quality food, then you will feel full during the diet
• Implementing a calorie diet in many cases is a weight loss method
• You have a complete freedom in choosing your food, as long as your daily intake is 1200 calories daily
• It can be adjusted to different lifestyles, like vegetarian lifestyle, or if you suffer from diabetes
• The fast weight loss at the beginning will motivate you to create a long-term weight loss plan
• You must measure the food and count the calories
• The diet must be well-planned in order to avoid food deficiencies