On Thursday, during an Oval Office interview with Reuters, President Trump said: “There is a chance that we could end up having a major, major conflict with North Korea. Absolutely.”
Is Kim Jong-Un really that stupid? Who knows? One thing is for sure. The US has an HUUUGE military armada, which includes the USS Carl Vinson, available should North Korea decide to be that stupid. The question is….Are they?
H/T Conservative Tribune:
Commercial satellite images of the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Facility in North Korea from April 25 showed renewed activity at the site during a time of escalating tension with the U.S..
President Donald Trump’s national security advisor, H.R. McMaster, had already warned of U.S. reprisals for continued nuclear-weapons development efforts by North Korea, according to the Los Angeles Times, and Trump indicated on April 29 that he would not rule out military action, Politico reported.
Hopkins University’s U.S.-Korea Institute reported Tuesday via its 38 North website that activity and personnel numbers had increased at the test facility’s north portal.
The website reported that the rogue nation appeared to be preparing for a nuclear test by maintaining an “optimal environment for instrumentation and stemming.”
Experts believe the images showed water being pumped from a tunnel, which could indicate preparations for a missile test.
Photographs also showed a number of personnel in the northern and southern courtyards of the site’s main administrative area. People were visible on a road that connects the southern courtyard and the command center area, but no vehicles were spotted. Oddly enough, personnel also appeared to be playing volleyball.
Experts also said that mining carts appeared in the photos but that they did not notice any new additions to a spoil pile in the area.
A netting canopy previously seen over possible equipment near the portal’s support building was still intact, although no personnel were spotted in the area. A pile of supplies covered by a tarpaulin in the southern courtyard was also still visible.
The website said it was not clear if the activity indicated that a nuclear test had been cancelled, the site was in standby mode or if a test was imminent.
However, the experts at 38 North did not rule out the possibility that the increased activity could be a propaganda effort.
“The presence of a large number of people dispersed throughout the facility in the latest image … is unusual and almost assuredly a component of an overall North Korean deception and propaganda effort and the result of international media reporting on 38 North’s sightings of volleyball courts and games in progress on April 19 and 21,” the website stated.
On Friday, May 5, 2017 this was the post on the 38 North website:
Commercial satellite imagery of the Sinpo South Shipyard from April 29 indicates new activity at the facility’s missile test stand. This test stand was used during 2014-2016 for launch systems verification, and pop-up and prototype testing of the Pukguksong-1 (KN-11) submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM). Visible are a heavy-lift crane with its stabilizer legs deployed and boom extended out over the test stand’s service tower, and a 13-meter-long flatbed truck adjacent to it on the access road. The image, however, is of insufficient resolution to reach a determination as to whether the activity is related to maintenance, removal of the service tower or preparations for an upcoming test. Up until September 2015 the service tower was routinely disassembled and removed after conducting tests. Since that time, it has remained in place.
This activity comes in the wake of the February test launch of a Pukguksong-2 (the land-based version of the Pukguksong-1 SLBM), two tests of the KN-17 medium-range ballistic missile (MRBM) on April 5 and 16, the April acquisition of a second submersible test stand barge, and other recent ballistic missile activities. In conjunction with these developments, the recent activity at the Sinpo test stand likely has a number of implications for the future of the SLBM program and suggests that North Korea is planning to accelerate the program or develop new designs to complement its land-based ballistic missiles.
Earlier in the week, Pyongyang said it would carry out a nuclear test “at any time and any location”…of course that would be up to its leadership. North Korea will continue bolstering its “pre-emptive nuclear attack” capabilities unless the US scraps its hostile policies, a statement carried by the state-run KCNA news agency said.
Knowing Kim Jong-Un, if there was another nuclear test coming, he certainly wouldn’t tell us about it would he…that seems to be only something former President Obama would do.
Let’s face it. Every time the Fat Boy sends off a ballistic missile, he gets closer and closer to perfecting the results he really wants. How much longer do you think President Trump will allow this to continue? My guess is one time. Kim Jong-Un has already been warned. China has been warned. The world has been warned.
Of course, President Donald Trump also said this week he would be “honored” to meet North Korean leader Kim Jong-un under the “right conditions.”
In the meantime, Washington is also exploring options at the UN Security Council and sanctions against North Korea. Of course, we also know, in the past those sanctions have not worked so well have they?…at least they don’t seem to have stopped Pyongyang from testing missiles as of yet. North Korea has done 5 tests in 10 years.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson stated earlier in the week, that when it comes to NK the U.S. “policy of strategic patience has ended.”
In North Korea they bury these test devices in the tunnels. Tunnels similar to those ISIS tunnels that President Trump blew up in Syria with a MOAB. If Kim Jong-Un is smarter than he looks, he won’t make a move. And if he does, you can believe that the U.S. won’t be the only ones to know, if and when Kim Jong-Un does make a move. If Kim Jong-Un is that stupid, he will have something like this on his hands:
FOLLOW us on Facebook at PortalState!